0301 - Looking Outwards II: Find something of interest out there.
Statement:Look around at the world of digital art, interactive art, software art, computational design, etc. Find a project which interests your curiosity, and which you'd like to discuss further. Upload the URLs into the area normally provided for the "description field" (You may need to add line breaks!). Write a paragraph (about 100 words) about why it interests you.
Here are some places you can look to get started, though you're welcome to look anywhere online:
- The Processing Exhibition site. (Note that the exhibition continues on several pages, scroll down to see more.) Or Code Tree.
- Good project blogs like Infosthetics, We Make Money Not Art, and Networked Performance.
- Computational architecture and generative form in Scripted by Purpose exhibition, Generator X.
- The Flickr pages of Flight404, Toxi, Marius Watz, LennyJpg, Lia, Erik Natzke, or the Processing photo pool on Flickr.
- For technical ideas using Processing, you could look at Processing Hacks, ProcessingBlogs, and Code&Form.
- Reinhold Grether's large list of Media Art Links.
http://everymomentnow.com/ I really like the idea of information visualization and I think code is an incredibly good way of doing so. This piece shows how many articles are written per day on the presidential candidate, Obama and McCain. It also shows what people and places are associated with them each day. The project also links the articles used. hide statement